An Independent Lifestyle
Greenways Village brings together like-minded people with many lifetimes of experience who take pride in their community and look out for each other but wish to maintain their independence and maximise their enjoyment of life.
Whether you choose a one, two or three bedroom villa or one bedroom apartment you are part of the Greenways Village. You can participate in village life or just enjoy observing as it swirls around you. Maintain old friendships, make new friendships or both. You can be as active or as private as you choose.
Whilst the Village Manager and staff are at your service at all times we respect your individuality.
Security & Comfort
The village is yours to enjoy in comfort and safety.
- Remote controlled security gates.
- 24-hour emergency call system.
- 24-hour on-call emergency maintenance.
- CCTV to certain areas.
- Beautifully landscaped gardens with well-lit level pathways enabling you to enjoy the village environment in comfort and safety.
- Management and staff to ensure that assistance and service are at your doorstep.
- “Marions” — the intimate village dining room provides meals in air-conditioned comfort in summer and with a cosy log fire in winter. Take-away also available.
By pooling their resources the residents at Greenways Village enjoy facilities, activities and services that are beyond the reach of most individuals.
Residents at Greenways Village enjoy the following:
- Full time village staff†*
- Emergency call system†
- Village bus service (with regular resident outings)†
- Preventative maintenance†
- Gardening & lawn mowing†
- Public building and Public Liability insurance†
- Payment of council rates†
- Payment of water rates†
- Light & power to all common areas†
- Dining room*
- Visiting doctor
- Visiting hairdresser and beautician*
- Visiting podiatrist and pathologist*
- Prescription deliveries
† The cost of these services is included in the weekly Maintenance Charge.
* These services are arranged on a user pays basis.
The local chemist, newsagent and supermarket deliver to the village whilst village staff are on hand to assist residents when required. For example home help, meals or nursing care can be arranged on your behalf.
Staff may assist in sourcing free or subsidised services such as meals on wheels or home help through the City of Frankston and other agencies for those residents who qualify.
Residents may request their mail to be redirected to the office whilst away on holiday or ask the manager to keep an eye on their unit. The Village Manager and staff are at your service to make life at Greenways Village an easy going and enjoyable experience.
A Thriving Community
Greenways Village is a thriving, independent, secure and caring community that has stood the test of time. Residents generate their own social activities but management is happy to assist and facilitate. An enthusiastic residents’ committee ensures that the views of the community are made known. Accordingly, the social life of the village is a moving picture that caters for a diverse population with many interests.
- Hotel lunches
- “Drop in” group
- Guest speakers
- Happy hour
- Indoor bowls
- Outdoor bowls
- Fitness trainer
- Morning melodies
- Mah Jong, Rummikub & cards
- Guest speakers & entertainers
- Excursions & trips away
Value for money
Greenways Village provides a choice of accommodation to give you an independent lifestyle in a convenient location at an affordable and predictable cost.
At Greenways Village residents pay an Ingoing Contribution at the commencement of their stay in the village equal to the value of the accommodation and enter a Life Time Lease with the Village Owner and Manager.
The Ingoing Contribution is refunded to the resident or their estate following their departure from the village less a deduction by way of rental dependent upon the length of occupancy.
The rental deduction is calculated as a percentage of the Ingoing Contribution for each year of occupancy but is fixed at a maximum of 30% after 8 years. The deduction reduces to 0% after 23 years.
The Refundable Ingoing Contribution is paid to the departed resident or their estate within 14 days of the vacated unit being re-leased and the Ingoing Contribution from the succeeding resident being received.
At Greenways Village there are no other deductions from the refund or obligations in relation to sales commission or unit refurbishment costs and the weekly Maintenance Charge is not payable after the lease term has expired. There are no legal costs associated with exiting the village.
It is also important to note that at Greenways Village it is the Village Owner who meets major repair costs in relation to the units and the village generally including items such as the replacement of hot water services, stoves, carpets and floor coverings providing long term financial certainty for residents.
All in all, Greenways Village means less cash up front, lower overheads and no hidden obligations. A lower ingoing cost, no stamp duty, minimal one-off legal fee and the Village Owner pays for all major maintenance and repairs.
Residents pay for electricity, gas and telephone to their accommodation and a weekly Maintenance Charge to the Management company which covers the following services:
- Council rates.
- Water rates.
- Water consumption.
- Insurance of your unit.
- Insurance of the common property.
- Staff costs.
- 24-hour emergency call service.
- A helping hand when you need one.
- Street & security lighting.
- Lawn mowing Gardening.
- Minor and preventative building maintenance.
- Maintenance of appliances included in the unit i.e. stove, heater, hot water system.
- Maintenance, servicing & cleaning of the Greenways Club & facilities.
- Operation of village facilities including the Greenways Club, bus, motor vehicles, library, bowling green etc.
- Contribution to a general reserve.
The Maintenance Charge is payable two weeks in advance and may be adjusted each year in consultation with the Residents’ Committee and in accordance with the Retirement Villages Act. The operating budget for the village is presented each year for discussion and approval by the Residents’ Committee and then tabled at the Annual General Meeting of Residents.
And remember it is the Village Owner who pays for all major repairs; residents at Greenways Village do not belong to a body corporate and will never be faced with unexpected levies as can happen at a strata titled village.
Call Sandra on 0433 883 228 to arrange an inspection today.